How to write a killer sales letter and free sample sales letters
How to write a killer sales letter
To write a successful sales letter, there are several strategies you should use:
1. At the top of your sales letter, use a strong headline that states the most important benefit you are offering. This headline should be bold and a larger font size than the font size you use for the body text in your sales letter.
2. When writing your sales letter, use a friendly conversational style. Do not try to write “corporate” where you use large words and try to impress your prospects with your command of the English language. All that does is turn people off. Instead, write your sales letter as if you were talking to your best friend.
3. Your sales letter needs to explain the benefits your potential customer will receive. Understand that everybody cares about one thing in life – “What’s in it for me?” Put yourself in your customer’s shoes and ask yourself, “If I was receiving this letter, why would I want to buy the product or service being sold? What’s in it for me?”
4. Ask your prospect to take action such as to call you for more information, to visit your website, to complete and order form and mail you a check, etc. If you do not ask your prospects to take action, they won’t.
5. Include testimonials from customers. Testimonials are one of the most powerful sales tools available, so always include at least one testimonial in your sales letters.
6. Use a P.S. in your letter and restate your most power benefit and sales offer in it. Most people will read a P.S. first before reading the sales letter, so it is important to make your P.S. have a very strong sales message and a call to action.
7. Make sure to include all of your contact information – telephone number, fax number, email address, postal address, and your website address.
8. Make your envelope “lumpy” by enclosing a small, inexpensive free gift. Make sure the gift has your company name and contact information on it and that the gift is something a person would want to keep – such as a nice pen, a good highlighter, etc. And, the promo gift should have your company information on it including your company’s name, phone number, and website address.
To your success!
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!